Monday, August 31, 2009

Potty Training Day ONE

After months of talking about potty training but having various things coming up to distract us. Daniel decided to train Samuel today. I was at work the whole day(I started working for a property management company doing apartment cleaning after tenants move out. I really like it so far.) but I did get to watch a fairly graphic cell phone video of Samuel's successful day. I am really impressed with how well today went. Daniel pushed the fluids big time, and Sam was about 50% successful. Which is crazy to me. I told Daniel that he should of trained ALL the kids, because only Anna was anywhere near that percentage the first day. Lillian and Joseph were 0% on day one. ZERO! Samuel woke up DRY from his nap and peed right away. Which is a really good sign on the first day!

Last week Heidi (our respite caregiver) put Sam on the toilet after dinner when she was getting him ready for a bath. He pooped! We were talking about it all weekend, and Daniel just decided to run with it today.

Samuel is in SUCH a dad phase right now, that all this potty training/bonding time is great for him. When Daniel is leaving Sam has a full on melt down. When I am leaving he says "Bye MOM! See YA!" So it really is good that Daniel is the one to train Samuel.

5 comments:

Kiera said...

Wow!! Congrats on the potty training! That is great news for you guys! Congrats on the new job also! You are going to be keeping busy!

Little Dude has been in a Daddy mood also lately. It is so fun to watch them bond with their Daddy's :)

Love the photo!

Karly said...

Yay, Sammy! Love the little undies. Keep up the good work. :)

Erin said...

Yeah how fun! Keep up the great work Sammy!

Amanda said...

Amazing!!!!

We keep saying we need to just do it with Leah!!! I keep putting it off though!

Way to go Sammy! That is really awesome!

Barbara said...

Wow - great news! I love the little boy underwear - so cute. I have been putting off potty training big time. Every once in a while I think of it and make a small effort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...