Sorry for the lack of posting lately on this blog. We are just trying to have a relaxing summer and I haven't really had much to blog about. Sammy is doing really well. Just a quick update on him.
SPEECH-
Talking up a storm. For example he used to say "More juice" now he will say "I want more juice" or "I need more juice". I always try to remember what the other kids were doing at this age, and he really seems to be right where he should be in the speech department. His vocabulary is expanding rapidly as well. Today at church he said "MOM stop writing!". I didn't know he even knew the word writing. He impresses us everyday.
He walks up and down the stairs now fast and fluid. While he is walking up the stairs he seems to point his left foot out. I think he doesn't have the range of motion in his ankle to bend it as well as the right ankle. We will keep working on this. Samuel is getting to be quite a fast runner, I often have a hard time keeping up with him! When he is running we tend to cringe because it always seems like he is going to fall, but he NEVER falls. I was always so worried about falls in the beginning of this journey, but Sammy has lead in his feet or something, because he just really is steady on his feet.
Two handed activities he is really doing great. He will hold a bottle in his left hand and screw on the lid with his right hand. Open ziplock bags, opening lids off things, just really doing well with TWO handed activities. However, he really has gone back to using his right hand all the time. If his right hand is occupied he has no problem using his left hand and is much more fluid then before the CIT but still really tries to figure out how to do something one handed first. I guess in some ways this is good because he is SUPER good at compensating. I have loved having the therapy break. But it will be nice when the kids go back to school and I have more time to focus on Samuel.
SOCIAL-
Samuel is shooting everyone. Instead of his "wheel" he now has his "gun". It is super lovely. We went to my grandparents cabin last week. My grandma thought the shooting was quite amusing. She would tell him to "Go shoot Great Grandpa!" off Sam would run to shoot his Great Grandpa who would die with sound effects and all. We often see him looking up in the sky at the birds, he gets out his "gun" and shoots them. We seriously have NO IDEA where he is getting this. Daniel is NOT a hunter, nor is anyone that we see on a regular basis. We don't have toy guns, but we do have SQUIRT guns. This winter he would make toy guns out of legos, so it isn't a new thing.....but shooting the birds is new.
Hope you all are having a great summer. The posting here will probably be pretty sparce over here, but our family blog is updated often.


3 comments:
Guns and shooting is a little boy thing. I wouldn't let your dad or Uncle Randy have guns either, but they always instinctively knew how to improvise, if only with their hands and fingers. Guess it's something LOTS of little boys are born with, just like dolls are something lots of little girls know and love without being prompted. Your grandpa always loved looking at guns, swords and wicked knives, even though he didn't "use" them for anything, he loved owning them. Hard to figure.
It sounds and looks like you guys are having a wonderful summer! I loved the pictures. Sammy is doing so well in every area. It's amazing how far he's come. I have no doubt he will continue to amaze and impress us all!
I can't believe summer is almost over. Like you I've been enjoying the break but I too am looking forward to Bennett starting his pre-school program where he'll be getting therapy 3 mornings a week.
We are enjoying our summer to. It is hard to post when we all have so much other stuff going on.
Sammy is doing so well! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment