Thursday, October 9, 2008

Toilet Paper therapy

Today I was so excited for a quiet relaxing day. We have had lots of running to do this week, but today nowhere to go. I was thinking I could get lots of cleaning and cooking done. The boys had other plans. Everywhere I go there is a new mess to clean. It is so funny to watch the boys become best friends. Sammy thinks Joseph is so funny. I always hear Sammy laughing and laughing at Joseph. I am always so surprised at how nice Joseph is to Sammy. He shares with him, gives him turns, he always seems to be thinking about his feelings too. Not that they don't fight too. It is so nice that they have each other. I remember when we found out that Sammy was a boy. I cried in the ultra sound room. I just really wanted Joseph to have a brother. I can't imagine not having my sister growing up and even now, there are just somethings that only a sister/brother can relate too. (love ya Germaine!) I am always so surprised to see them wrestling around with each other. Sammy always goes over to give Joseph a hug and they end up on the ground wrestling. It is like they can't help themselves. Yesterday at the park Joseph was climbing up on this school bus climbing thing. Sammy tried everything he could to do the same thing. I am always thankful that they are so close in age, it will give Sammy a little push throughout his childhood to do the next thing. At the time, I remember being shocked that we were going to have three kids in less then three years, it wasn't planned obviously. And though it was crazy, I am really enjoying them all being so close in age. Now that they all sleep through the night and can feed themselves and only one is in diapers!!! Here are a couple quick videos I took of them playing this morning.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammy looks like he is getting around so well!! What a cutey! Isn't it amazing how getting a full night of sleep regularly can help change your outlook. Once they are all sleeping through the night things seem so much easier! You are so amazing!! I don't know how you do it all and with a happy outlook too! You are such a great mom!

Amanda said...

I love the top picture, it is too adorable!!! Sammy looks like he's having a blast in the videos! That two handed play is amazing!! Has he always played like that with his effected hand? I too agree with above poster, you are such a wonderful Mom!

Mel Fraase said...

Hi! I stumbled accross your blog while looking up hemi CP info. My daughter is 2 yrs and a right hemi. We're doing constraint induced therapy now. You can visit us at:
http://www.fraasefamily.blogspot.com

I'd love to eep in touch!
The toilet paper is great!

Barbara said...

Great videos! It's wonderful to watch them play. I'm grateful Bennett hasn't discovered the toilet paper yet - he's mainly interested in the toilet!

I also have to comment that he's showing great bilateral hand use! Good for him making up his own therapy :)

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

hehehehe CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!

Popcorn House said...

Amanda,

Sammy has always incorporated his left hand in his play. Not the way that we would, but his own way. That being said I LOVE to go back and look to see the improvements. It is remarkable to me sometimes. Look at this video clip of Sammy playing at almost 14 months of age. He has come A LONG way. I am hoping we see even more improvements once walking is second nature to him. http://ourhemiboy.blogspot.com/2008/05/ipod-therapy.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...