Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Preschool

Yesterday we got the acceptance letter for Anna to go to head start (preschool) in the fall. I was so stressed that she wouldn't get in, and so relieved now that she did. I feel bad because I don't spend enough time doing school type things with her. She is very independent and wants to do things her way, so I think that this will be great for her to have a little peer pressure. In our town they pick them up in a little bus and she sees lots of kids around here get on the cute little bus, she was so excited when I told her she would be riding the bus in the fall. Anna has a soft spot in my heart. I feel guilty because she is totally the middle child and acts like it!!! I was so sick with her when I was pregnant then when she finally got here, she didn't stop crying for months and months. I always held her and then when she stopped crying, she was attached to me still. A true lap baby, she would still be sleeping with us if it wasn't for the boys. Then I feel guilty that she was only the baby for a short time and then she was SO jealous of Joseph, but she was 16 months when he was born, still really a baby herself. Oh the things Anna has done to poor Joseph!!! Poor little man. She still wants to be the baby she tells me everyday that she is the baby sister!

2 comments:

Tara said...

She is so cute. I am glad she got into the preschool. Sounds like she is really looking forward to it. It's tough to be a middle child, I am sure, but you are doing a great job as a mom. You have 5 adorable kids and they all seem to be very close!

Kiera said...

Way to go Anna!!! I have 2 sisters and my middle is 2 years younger than me and the youngest is 8 years younger. My middle sis told my Mom that she would never give up the baby of the family position and I have to say, she held firm to making sure she got her attention. She is a remarkable person and an amazing sister! The middle children are wonderful and Anna is so lucky to have you as a mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...