Saturday, May 10, 2008

PT Evaluation

Our PT had to re-evaluate Sammy for insurance yesterday. I was actually really happy that she had too, I wanted to see how much he has improved. When he first started therapy he was 8 1/2 months. Basically she evaluates three different things; gross motor, balance and reflexes. He was pretty much at age level on the reflexes and balances then and now. And his gross motor was at five months when we started. Gross motor yesterday he was TEN MONTHS!!! I was so happy to hear that. Yes, four months behind his true age, but I felt really good about that. So basically we have been in therapy for fiveish months and he has improved 5 months. Can't complain about that!!! Our OT came over and we talked about everything for a few minutes. Our OT feels like if we give him a really strong push over the summer that he could catch up. Our PT said that he is doing really well and we could just stick with the one session of therapy per week but because he isn't pulling up to a stand (just to his knees) and isn't cruising furniture there is cause for the extra therapy. I said YES, more therapy PLEASE. Especially over the summer because with the girls being at home, it will be hard for me to work one on one with him, and with the extra therapy it will be worked into our schedule.

If nine months ago someone said you will be so happy when Sammy is only four months behind, I would think they were crazy. But I am just SO proud of my little man, he really is determined and keeps on trucking along.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

You have been getting so much good news about Sammy lately! I know how hard it is to hear that he's still behind but like you said he has come a long way in a short period of time and he'll just keep making progress. That's a great little man you have there!!

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Thats AWESOME! I AM SUPER SUPER PROUD!!!!!!!!! WTG Sammy!

Kiera said...

Congrats on the news Suze! I completely understand what you mean about being happy that he is only 4 months behind. Sammy is doing great! I love the picture of him and big sis! They both look so happy! Reichen has the same rocket PJs... They are some of his favorite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...