Thursday, October 1, 2009

Physiatrist Appointment and OT eval

On Wednesday Samuel had his physiatrist appointment. Dr. Klava was super impressed with his progress. He had Sam walk back and forth across the room multiple times. I was wondering what he was thinking and then he said "I have been debating on whether we could go to two UCB inserts." I was like WHAT!!?? When we first got the AFO I asked him if eventually Samuel could go to a shoe insert and he said probably not. So just the fact that he was debating it made us very excited!!! He said VERY soon we could go to just two inserts, but for right now with all his growing he wants to do a SMO to give him some ankle support. But he said it was a little over kill. We are going with a much lighter plastic this time and we are hoping the new brace gives him more flexibility and is more comfortable for him. Dr. Klava said keep doing what we are doing. One hopes for appointments like this, and I am so grateful that with all we have going through at our house this is one less thing for us to have to worry about.

1 comment:

Kiera said...

YAY! That is great news! Congratulations! Sammy is doing so well! I am so impresed with everything that he (and you guys) are doing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...