Over the past few months Sammy has wanted to walk up the stairs and down the stairs. For a long time he has been great holding a hand and going up and down the stairs. But really had a hard time figuring out how to do it all by himself or trusting himself. Over the past couple weeks he really has started doing way better figuring it out for himself. He will still lands on his bum sometimes but all my kids did this when they were first going down. I think because their legs are so short!
Going up the stairs has always been easier for him and before the cast was put on was doing a pretty good job going up all by himself. For some reason after he got the cast removed he now wants to hold onto the railing with his right hand but will bring forward his left hand for balance help. I asked our PT what she thought about this and she said not to worry about it and she thought it was great that he was using lefty for helping balance.
The next video is because Samuel is constantly steering his "wheel". Sometimes he will be running and stop get the "wheel" out and turn it before he actually will make the turn. On our last eval they asked me if Sammy will pretend play or make up his own games? I said yes, but inside I was thinking he lives in his own little world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh he is just so cute! WTG on conquering the stairs Sammy.
So cute!!! I love the "sleeping" picture!!!
He is doing SOOO well!!! Awesome job, Sammy!!
I hope he doesn't get a speeding ticket!
I loved the videos - they made me smile and laugh out loud! He is doing great. I love all the sound effects Joseph is adding to the stair project!
WOW! Look at him go! I am so impressed. Sammy always gives me so much hope!
It is so sweet to see Joseph & Anna cheering him on!
I so enjoy the photos and the videos! Thank you for posting them..
OMG he is so cute!
Post a Comment