Last week during physical therapy they evaluated Sammy. For his stationary skills like kicking, balancing on one leg, tippy toes and other skills I can't think of..... he is AT AGE LEVEL! For locomotion skills like walking, running, stairs, jumping he is at 21 months. So four months behind, I think if he had his cast off he would of done more his balance is a bit off due to the cast. The two areas that he needs to work on are jumping and stairs. I think it is a bit crazy because I always have had my kids go down the stairs on their bellies until they were close to three. I just worry about them falling down. I am fine with them walking up the stairs. And Sammy does WAY better up then down. That will be something to work at when the cast comes off. After the evaluation our PT, Karen, said she thinks we could take the summer off of PT. I am thinking we will do that. We will still have OT 2x a week through June due to the bivalve cast, but then hopefully once a week till school starts again.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Trampoline Fun!
Last week during physical therapy they evaluated Sammy. For his stationary skills like kicking, balancing on one leg, tippy toes and other skills I can't think of..... he is AT AGE LEVEL! For locomotion skills like walking, running, stairs, jumping he is at 21 months. So four months behind, I think if he had his cast off he would of done more his balance is a bit off due to the cast. The two areas that he needs to work on are jumping and stairs. I think it is a bit crazy because I always have had my kids go down the stairs on their bellies until they were close to three. I just worry about them falling down. I am fine with them walking up the stairs. And Sammy does WAY better up then down. That will be something to work at when the cast comes off. After the evaluation our PT, Karen, said she thinks we could take the summer off of PT. I am thinking we will do that. We will still have OT 2x a week through June due to the bivalve cast, but then hopefully once a week till school starts again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's awesome--Age level is ALWAYS good to hear!!! Four months behind is not so bad either!
Yum....Sammy looks like he is enjoying that ice cream!
Oh my mercy! I've forgotten about ice cream messies. Summer is coming. Looks like Sammy is having a blast on the trampoline. And great news on his progress.
Great news on the progress! I love the ice cream picture! He is way too cute!
I love the video! He moves so fast! I am so impressed with everything that he is doing!
Any summer plans to come to the cities? I miss you!
What wonderful news all around!!!!!!! Go Sammy Go!
I love the video and the ice cream picture. Makes me hungry for one right now....
Post a Comment