Today Karen told me that according to Samuel's last evaluation he was just a few months behind on his locomotion skills (JUMPING mainly is holding this score down) and 2 MONTHS AHEAD on his stability skills. I was of course pleasantly surprised to hear how great he is doing. She told us to continue working on jumping and to work up to not holding onto to the railing as he is walking up and down the stairs. The other crazy thing she said was that in four months he has made a year progress. She said that she hadn't taught him how to do these things and I said we hadn't taught him. Samuel wants to be big like Joseph and that has really been the best therapy for him. But also he is adventurous, BUSY, and fearless. He sees one of the big kids doing something and he just thinks he should be able to do it too.
I chose this picture because it really shows how far we have come. This was taken when he just turned one, we had to help him stand up to the table. He hadn't even started hands and knees crawling 100% of the time yet and now 14 months later he is pretty much AT AGE LEVEL and discharged from PT! Just amazing to me.

6 comments:
Yay Sammy!!!! I am so excited for you guys and proud of Sammy. Little Dude also was moved to 1x per month PT as of this week. It never ceases to amaze me how similar he and Sammy are for development. So glad that we met you guys! I miss you so a ton! Take care and keep us posted on Sammy!
What amazing news! I am so happy, but not at all surprised. I am thrilled for you guys.
Congrats, Sammy!
Yay Sammy! This is fantastic news! A whole year progress in 4 months, my goodness, Sammy you ARE amazing!!!
Way to go!
Congratulataions to all of you. It always amazes me that the things we worry about never come about -- what happens ordinarily are those things we have never ever considered. Enjoy!
Sending love and big hugs along with my Great-Grandma Big Grin! Go Sammy!
Outstanding!
How AWESOME! WTG Sammy!
Post a Comment