Thursday, March 5, 2009

SAMMY IS TWO!

My parents asked me tonight if it seemed like Sammy was two. I was like YES, YES and YES. Not just because he is knee thick in the terrible twos. But because he really has a strong personality, I can't imagine not having him in our house. Sammy lets us all know how he feels. I remember when Joseph was this age, just last year, and I thought THIS KID IS NEVER HAPPY! I feel like that with Sammy. Sure he laughs and has fun, but he spends a lot of his day being mad at the world. Then one magical day Joseph woke up and said "I am a HAPPY BOY!" and "You are such a pretty mommy!". And with that came our sweet lovable Joseph. I know that the same thing will happen with Sammy, we just have to wait it out.

On our family blog, Daniel posted pictures of his birthday. This was my favorite picture. I think I like it because you can tell that he is angry with the world. I know that not every kid goes through the terrible twos, but all of ours have. To me it again reminds me how far we have come. I was talking to a friend today about how I was so worried that Sammy would be cognitively impaired, and with all his "independent" thinking it reminds me of how well he is doing. I tell myself that constantly through the day as I am once again putting him in time out.......he is a independent little stinker! What more could we have asked for.

Here is a the video of him (or Lillian) blowing out the candles. I just crack up watching this video. Anna and him are like oil and vinegar......they are just constantly fighting. I think it is because Anna wants to be the baby! We let this hitting incident go, but normally he goes to time out. Last week he starting telling on people. "An-na owies" "An-na NO-NO!" "Jo-jo IS poopy". Thankfully that one wasn't true, but Joseph is always telling us that Sammy is poopy, so I think he wanted to get Joseph back. But he still loves his "Yiyann". He calls for her in the mornings to come and get him "MOM.......Yiyann". It is cute they have a little bond.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!!!! He is so, so,so adorable! (All of your kids are!)

He is doing so well! Such a big boy already!

Anonymous said...

Sammy Boy, Happy Birthday! He is two crazy, how time goes by. You are so handsome. Love ya!
Aunt Shawna

Kiera said...

Wow! That video is adorable! I love the angry at the world look also. How did he get to be 2 already? Time goes so fast! It is amazing!

I am so glad to see how well he is doing and he is adorably cute! I love to see what a little man he has become.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY!!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Sammy! Thanks for sharing! He is to cute and the video is adorable!

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday Sammy!!!! That kid is so cute - I loved the video - everyone sounds so happy. Two years go by so quickly. Our babies are little boys!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Sammy! Such a cutie!

Ellen Seidman said...

Happy, happy belated birthday, Sammy! Too-cute video.

Dawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sammy! Be a good 2 year old for your Mommy & Daddy!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...