Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I LOVE my Boots!!!

The last couple of days Sammy has been wanting to wear his boots constantly. I was surprised that his SMO fit nicely in them, so I have been letting him wear them. I have the boys wear "slipper shoes" (as Joseph calls them) around the house. They work really nicely for Sammy's SMO. Today, I was going to put them on Sammy and he said "NO oots ON!" I figured pick your battles right?

This morning I was noticing how nicely Sammy is walking. Our biggest concern for Sammy's walking is that he likes to turn his left foot out when he is walking. Our PT told us this is because he is not using his ankle joint properly. I think the SMO is actually helping this. I am skeptical of braces, I know that he needs them for bone growth. But up until recently they have not proven to help with his walking at all. This morning, I was like WOW he has come a long way. Nice straight feet. Though I am sure we will go through another growth spurt and have more gait issues in the future. But if we can come back to this after each one, we will be so happy. In the video I had to ask him to go get me a book, because his new favorite thing is to hit the flash button down on the camera, making it impossible to film him these days!!!

Potty training update: Sammy picked up a stomach bug over the weekend. So I have been changing a MILLION diapers. We are going to wait till this is done before we start. I am hoping next week.

Fat Burning Friday: I don't know what I am going to do about this. I noticed that every other post was a FBF post, and that wasn't my intention of this blog. Still trying to figure what I want to do about that. But I am still keeping track just may not make a weekly post anymore. I want this blog to be about Sammy. So I am torn. Maybe another blog........don't know.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

He is so cute in his boots!!! I love the picture and the video - they both made me laugh out loud. He looks great walking!! Oh yeah - I'm with you - pick your battles - boots in the house - not a big deal right now!

Amanda said...

He is so cute in his boots, heck he is so cute always! :) He's doing so well!!

Kiera said...

Wow is he adorable! He is walking so well! I love the boots in the house! It is so much fun when they start discovering their own little personalities!

I hope that he is feeling better. I am looking forward to hearing all of the toilet training stories!!

Dawn said...

What a cutie patootie! Sorry he hasn't been feeling well, those darn bugs just get everyone in January!

Anonymous said...

Beyond cute, his steps are so evenly paced. Only a few would notice his left foot is turned-out a bit. There are some quick, temporary fixes (like boots in the house) if you want to give him a chance to practice with foot forward.

Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...