Monday, August 25, 2008

"U-ucky!"

There really isn't much to update this week in regards to Sammy. He has mastered the stairs, as much as I loved running up the stairs a thousand times a day to get my little guy who would sit at the very top screaming "MOM!" over and over again. He can now go up and down without any help. His favorite word this week is "U-ucky (Yucky)!" He shows me his dirty hands at mealtime and say "U-ucky!".

I found the push toy I wanted for him at a garage sale, for 3 dollars. It "transforms" into a bike too. This push toy is really nice and is easier for him to turn, he is all over the house walking behind this toy. We have a push bike outside for him and he is all over the yard pushing his bike, he thinks he is a big kid. Joseph does superman on one of the swings on our swing set. Sammy has figured out how to do this on the seater swing(no idea what this is actually called!) it is funny watching them both swing from their bellies. Sadly, these are the only pictures we took of him this week. We have been enjoying the girls being at school by not doing a whole lot!

Sammy's OT had her baby on Thursday so tomorrow we meet the replacement OT. We will see her for three months, and then Steph will be back.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

We have the same push toy--I got it off of Craigslist for $5! I love a good deal, especially on toys!!
Sammy looks like he is having fun on it! Adorable!

Barbara said...

Sammy is just the cutest little guy. I've caught up on your posts - he is just making wonderful progress - leaps and bounds.

Well done Sammy and Mommy!

Amanda said...

Suzanne-
Just curious--Are you guys still planning on casting? If so, when? If I remember correctly, it's sometime soon?

Popcorn House said...

Amanda,
We will cast either in November and January, our rehab doctor likes to wait until they are walking well. Dr. Klava and our OT will do a regular cast for one month and then bivalve it for another month. I will give updates as it gets closer. How about you guys? What are your thoughts?

Popcorn House said...

Barbara, thank you always for your warm remarks!!!

Amanda said...

We are looking to cast in October. Although, we keep pushing it off everytime Leah learns something new! So, I'm not going to hold my breath! We are going to do at least a week of regular cast and then possibly bi-valve it. We haven't fully decided on anything yet. I know I want a regular cast on her first, because I don't want to the option to take it off. I fear that i'll give in when she gets frustrated and then what will be the point? We are going to discuss further as it gets closer, i'm getting nervous though!!

Kiera said...

I love the toy! Nice garage sale find!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...