Sammy is literally walking along the walls. Our PT says he will be walking by the end of the September. Since Anna and Joseph were close to walking for months, it could go either way. Sammy has taken three steps by himself and is so proud of himself when he does it. Mostly he takes steps to get from one piece of furniture to the next, so he doesn't have to crawl. We have been so happy that his left hand really is almost completely open when he is crawling, so the longer he crawls the better! It has made such a big difference with him.
Today I was asked how many words Sammy has. I hadn't really thought about number of words, but when I started writing them all down he has over thirty words!!! What I have noticed improving the past couple of months is his receptive language. We will be out for a walk, and he will say "Ook (look) Puppa! (puppy)". Or at the library he will say "fish!" at the fish tank. I told the girls a few weeks ago that it was their job to teach Sammy his body parts, they really have taken this job seriously and he will now point to his head, his nose, and his eye(when he isn't distracted!) sometimes he gets his tongue and belly.

2 comments:
He is such a ham! That smile is adorable! Drew and I got a huge kick out of the "over" story! That is great!
Sammy is too cute for words!!
He sounds like he is doing wonderfully! It's so great to see how all our babies our progressing so well! It's amazing!
Post a Comment