Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Reflections

I was driving home last night from running errands, and I was thinking about two things I have learned from all of this. The first one is faith, my faith has increased so much. At first when this all started I was just so down in the dumps that I couldn't see the purpose in all of this. But when I was driving, I was listening to my church music and one of the lyrics is "Keep walking now, God is Good" And those words just rang so true to me. We all just have to keep walking and God is good. Without this faith I don't know how I would be doing right now. I know that there will be many more downs, but since being able to pick myself back up from a place that I had never known before I am hopeful I can do it again as needed(lets hope it won't be needed though).

The second thing I have been thinking about is how blessed I am to have Daniel. I could go on and on, but don't want to be too sappy! But every time I was down and said things to Daniel he has found a way to make me laugh. I may of already written this before. But after our appointment with Dr. Klava who did give Sammy a dx, we went out to lunch. I said to Daniel I was surprised that Dr. Klava said Sammy would probably have a limp. Daniel said that both his brothers tried to walk with a limp for years. Then I was really down about the polymicrogyria and he reminded me that whatever the future held for Sammy he was lucky because he had us for parents and no matter what we are going to be there for him. I don't know why that made me feel better but it was after that I felt like OK Sammy is Sammy and we are here for him no matter what, so it will be fine. We will be fine!

3 comments:

Kiera said...

That is so great that you and Daniel have each other. I do not know what I would do without Drew. I understand what you mean by your faith. I was watching a cheesy made for tv movie last weekend and it was talking about babies and they mentioned a theory that babies get to pick their parents before they are born. I think that there is a reason we were picked to have these amazing, wonderful, special children.

Anonymous said...

I love this: "I said to Daniel I was surprised that Dr. Klava said Sammy would probably have a limp. Daniel said that both his brothers tried to walk with a limp for years." That is so funny and awesome. :)

Karly said...

I was amazed at how strengthened my marriage was by Kailey's diagnosis as well. I never thought it possible to love my husband as much as I do, but every time I see how lovingly he looks after his precious daughter, I love him even more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...