Monday, March 10, 2008

I did it......

Most of the time I realize that Sammy is delayed, but since we are just SO happy he is doing things we don't notice it. But today I went to my birth board and saw their babies! Eek.....won't do that again. It is tough to see that so many of them are already walking. I am just trying to stay positive. I won't be going over there again!!!

3 comments:

* ~ *Jessica* ~ * said...

Oh, honey! I hear ya! I don't go to the birth boards for either of my children. You know why for Logen, but since Parker was a preemie- he's small. And, I don't wana know what kids his age are doing. I tried to get into the birth boards when I was pg with Parker- but never could. I like our board- it's small and I can keep up with it.

Kiera said...

I never got into boards prior to the dx, but I completely understand what you mean about other kids. I was so happy about everything Ike was doing and then I went out with a friend who has a daughter 2 days younger. It was like there were months of difference between them. I completely understand and am here for you girl!

No matter what, Sammy is adorable and his sweet personality shows through all of the pictures!

Karly said...

I kind of wondered...and I missed you. But I so very often feel the same way. Kailey is not crawling, just rolls. She is not talking and people are freaking out that their kids are only saying 5 words. The "late bloomers" are cruising furniture and most are walking and still the mom's are worried. Kailey doesn't even pull up. Sometimes I am very heartbroken over this. I know she won't be 10 and not walking, but it is hard to see people worried about their "normal" kids. I can only imagine how hard this has been for you. Kailey has DS, so people don't "expect" her to be with her peers. It doesn't make it "better" but I am sure I deal with many less comments than you must.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...