We have a grinch at our house this year named Samuel. Since he was pretty much born he hasn't liked anyone singing. I was singing before I was talking, so around here that doesn't fly very well. When he was a baby he would just grab my lips to distract me. Now he yells "STOP SINGING RIGHT NOW!" We all keep singing but he keeps yelling. One tradition we have is driving around town looking at Christmas lights and singing Christmas carols. All of us had headaches as we got out of the van this year (as opposed to just Daniel and I!) because Sam had to keep yelling for all of us to stop singing.
Then we went to see Santa and Samuel would have nothing to do with him. "Santa is mean!" "I don't like him." The kids would try to explain to Samuel that Santa is nice and brings presents to GOOD little boys. Samuel understands this concept and is excited about it. However, if we talk about seeing Santa we are right back to the "I hate Santa, Santa is mean!"
So I was AMAZED when our little guy without any prompting from us started singing Christmas carols. I said in my shocked voice "SAM are you singing!?!?!" He said "YEP!" and kept singing and marching around the room. He still is saying Santa is mean but hey singing is a huge step for a little Grinch!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Reminds me of some younger Austin days. Thanks for sharing that cute story.
That is adorable! I love the picture of him! He is getting so big now! Thanks for sharing the cute little story!
So cute! Hope all is well!
I'm very late to comment on this but that's a cute story. It's funny how they get something in their heads and you just can't change their mind! I'm glad he's warmed up to singing...
Post a Comment