Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Transition Evals

Last week we had an evaluation for Samuel. This is the evaluation where they decide what is going to happen when Samuel turns three. It is such a double edge sword. On one hand we want our children to do great. On the other hand, we don't want them to fall through the cracks and not qualify for services. Samuel is doing really, really well right now. They look at five areas; problem solving, social emotional, speech, gross motor and fine motor. The two therapist that were looking at problem solving, social emotional and speech said that he was at age level or above. Our therapist had Samuel delayed about 12% in gross motor and fine motor skills. So basically if the school goes just off the numbers he won't qualify for services. You need to be 25% delayed in two areas or 40-50% delayed in one. We will see next week how everything works out. We aren't even sure what we want to happen. I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing. Like everyone else we just want what is best for Samuel!!! I predict me crying and Daniel talking a lot. I know it will all work out it always seems to eventually!

Picture of Samuel decorating his turkey. To see more pictures and the finally product head over to our family blog.

2 comments:

Nancy Adele said...

Whatever happens, it will be "just right" for Sammy. When we "Let go and Let God", somehow it all turns out just the way it's supposed to if we are doing our part. You and Daniel and the little ones have all certainly done your parts wonderfully well.

More hugs,

Karly said...

I think I missed the update, but hope you guys got the services for Sammy which you had hoped.

Also, so glad he is doing so very well. Not that there was really ever any doubt! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...