
Well, despite school closing, winter weather advisories, flood warnings......we got the cast. So far two hours with the cast on he has not cried at ALL! Daniel took him to be casted this morning, and he did not cry at all. Sat nice and still the entire time. Here they cast at the place where you go for broken bones. I was happy to hear that because that has been our main concern, that we don't want anything to happen to his right arm/hand during the casting period. The tech that casted him, said he was a super great patient. We don't start our rigiourous therapy schedule until tomorrow. So today is all about getting him used to the cast. I will update later with videos and more pictures.
10 comments:
Watch out Anna, Sammy has a weapon!
Hehe mom, that is what I was thinking too :)
Love the blue. He's one strong kiddo. Look at him using Lefty already. Hope time flies by for you and the therapy helps.
And hope no one is injured from the new "battle" armor!
Sammy will do wonderfully well through all this!
Great-grandma Reis
Good Luck with all of this. He is such a sweety. I hope this helps him a lot and that it can be a positive experience overall.
Yay! I'm so glad it went well. Sammy looks too cute! I'm actually really looking forward to casting Leah again!!
I can't wait to see how awesome Sammy does! Update soon!! Good luck!
Oh that blue cast brings back memories. I'm glad it went well and hopefully the constraint therapy brings great results.
Looks like its not a big thing to Samuel so far. I hope tomorrow goes well too.
That is the cutest picture of Sammy. He looks adorable! I love the hat.
I am so glad to hear that today went OK. I was thinking of you all day.
I am so excited to see all of the amazing things that Sammy does.
I will be watching for updates!
how long does he have to have it on? grace broke her arm when she was two and had a cast for a month! no big deal for our house. and sophie broke her leg this fall and had a cast for three weeks...also, no big deal...until it comes to BATH TIME...then it's awful! hang in there...kids are so resilient! you're doing such great things at your house! keep it up!
Post a Comment