
I cannot believe that in a couple weeks Sammy will be two. Sammy at 23 months. Where to begin? Sammy is full of energy. When I was first reading about hemiparesis, I read that most kids tire easily that have this. So I guess I expected him to be more laid back. OH NO, he is non stop. No stopping him. He is actually starting to run, or run for a two year old. Sammy has mastered side walking and backward walking, sometimes he will just practice going backwards in the living room. He loves to draw and is holding his pencil/crayon in a three point position which I guess is what they look for at this age. Sammy's new favorite phrase is "I DO!". Meaning, people leave me alone and let me do it BY MYSELF. Which really describes him right now, he wants to do everything his way and on his time table and without any help. Sammy has also taken to pretend burping. It is actually quite funny, he keeps doing it because the kids can't help but laugh hysterically at him. I am constantly surprised by my two boys. One would think having three sisters would make you somewhat of a sensitive guy, but these two are ALL BOY! My days are filled with hot wheels, wrestling, sword fighting and pretend burping. One day we were busy and Sammy didn't nurse at all, so with the help of chocolate milk (and Daniel!).....he is weaned! (YEP MOM BEFORE HIS SECOND BIRTHDAY!)
In the picture above Sammy spilled his water. Without anyone asking him to clean it up. He goes gets a towel and cleans it all up by himself. Daniel and I were very impressed with his problem solving. Or the other kids teaching him how to cover his tracks!
11 comments:
Yea Sammy, happy early birthday! So impressed by the three-point pencil holding. He seems like a precious boy, you are a lucky mom!
What is next the cleaning the bathroom or making Joseph bed.
Such a sweety pie!! He seems like he is doing so well!! Ady was weaned at about 23 months also.
Wow I can not believe he is going to be 2. He is so cute! He is doing so well!
1) YAY, you're blogging again!! I missed you! :)
2)Sammy is just delicious! He's so smart too! I can't believe he is going to be 2...that means Leah is not far off! Yikes! Congrats on weaning in a day!
He is so cute! I love seeing pictures of him. Amazing how quickly they are growing up! Sounds like there have been a lot of changes going on.
I think of you all of the time and have been meaning to call you to say hi. Hopefully this week!
I love the picture of him cleaning! What a sweet little boy! I cannot wait to see birthday pics!
What a great kid! I love hearing Sammy stories and seeing the pictures. Congrats on the weaning!
Sammy is such a cutie patottie. He just seems like such a character too. Hope he's a happy two and not a terrible two. I think my kids were more evil at 3. ;)
Sammy is doing incredibly well! And he just keeps getting cuter and cuter.
Wow, I can't believe he's almost 2, and Jake is almost 3! And congats on the weaning - thank goodness for chocolate milk. :)
So from a breast feeding momma perspective, I know you are happy that weaning came 'easily'. I'm sure you were worried. Parker was difficult- Logen was kind of the way Sammy's came about. He just got up one day and we went on about our day, he kept busy and didn't nurse (at 22 months). It seems like this year has flown by!!!
Great pic! What a lil helper. Please come train my kiddos!
Post a Comment