Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pulling UP

Awhile ago I blogged about how Sammy pulls up on things. He would crawl to the coffee table lets say, and then sit up and then pull up. A long process if you ask me. I wanted him to do it like our other kids did and crawl to the object and then pull up. Since he has been hands and knees crawling the past few days, he just balances his weight on lefty and up he goes. Still, just to his knees, or once in awhile the will you marry me stance. That is what we are working on now, pulling up to a stand. He is so close, just not quite there.

Sammy hasn't been taped for two weeks. I haven't been as diligent with stretching and today I am noticing some tightness....bad mom. When he crawls his pointer and thumb are not quite out of the fist. He has his three fingers spread nice and out but he kind of curls in those two fingers. I really noticed it tonight, so tomorrow I will be doing triple stretches to get those fingers nice and relaxed. He is teething so that may be part of the reason for the tightness.

Nothing too exciting going on here today.

2 comments:

Kiera said...

That is great that Sammy is getting close to pulling to stand. it is amazing what our kids can do!

Do not be so hard on yourself with the taping and the stretching. Remember that we are all doing the best we can for our kids and we are seeing amazing things. It is a hard balancing act, but you are an amazing Mom, Daniel is an amazing Dad and the kids are wonderful siblings. Sammy is so blessed and it will work out!

Plus, teething is so hard on the little ones!

Tara said...

That is so great that he is doing so good on the pulling to stand. I remember when Mia started to do it you were anxiously awaiting Sammy starting to do it!! (my sentence doesn't sound right...)

About the tape...don't be too hard on yourself, get back on track with it and it will be ok. It is so hard to do every single thing every single day AND you have 4 other kids too! I felt like a bad mom today when Mia was at OT and she asked: Does Mia know how to put on her shoes...uh no sorry, but we've never tried. I thought she was too young for that, but I still sat there feeling very stupid.

Sammy is doing great and you are a wonderful MOM! Look at all his accomplishments and how on track he is developmentally!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...