Friday, April 18, 2008

Fitting it all IN

I am feeling down today. The big girls did not have school today and I am catching a glimsp of my summer. We are planning to do constraint induced therapy over the summer and with that we would probably do two sessions of OT and one or two sessions a week of PT, plus Infant Development therapist will still come once a week. I am SO grateful for the extra therapy. However, it seems impossible to fit everything in. I can barely manage now to get the house clean, laundry done, dinner cooked, and then try to find time to spend with each kid. I just feel sometimes like it is impossible to do everything. I realize that somehow it all gets done, I just feel tired today and overwhelmed.

Here was my morning. I went to the Y this morning and when I got home I had to finish getting everyone ready to go to therapy, Daniel started this, THANK GOODNESS! I get home Sammy is crying wants to nurse, nurse him, decided to lay him down for thirty minutes. Anna is crying about the clothes I set out for her because they are not the flowered jeans that she insists on wearing everyday, and out of the wash puts them directly back on. Lillian is frustrated that I thought she would want to wear a skirt when her legs obviously would be cold! Then I hop in the shower, pull my hair back in a quick ponytail. Fix the girls hair, even though Anna has a mini melt down because I didn't do something right. I throw on some eyeliner and look out the window to find that Joseph and Anna somehow escaped and are jumping on the trampoline!!! I run outside get them off the tramp, put Joseph's shoes on him, run back up stairs because I forgot to brush my teeth. Anna is crying because she doesn't want to wear what I gave her as a second option to the flower jeans, and has on a complete pink dress/jacket outfit, I give in and tell her whatever she wants to wear. Anna then freaks out because she thinks one of her buns is messy. I quick fix her bun and wake Sammy up put on his shoes, he is crying and wants to nurse again-don't have time for that. I get three kids buckled in their carseats and Lillian and Elizabeth get buckled in their boosters. We drive to the rehab clinic. Luckily, I get a GREAT parking spot, which never normally happens usually I have to park a mile away and run in. I pull out the double stroller, put Sammy in one side. Joseph has his first melt down not wanting to ride in the stroller but he needs to. So I strap him in and head inside the doors. I get stopped by three people saying "OH boy you sure have your hands full." Then, we get on the elevators, Joseph is out of the stroller now and jumping up and down as we go downstairs. Anna is crying because I didn't let them run up and down the "cave" hill (basically a long hallway that connects two buildings. But I got a good parking spot so we didn't go that way) Then we park the stroller, Joseph wants his jacket off, but then realizes he has short sleeves on and freaks out, so we put his jacket back on. Then Sammy and I go in to his session, thank goodness the rehab grandma loves my kids!!! I just have this vision of me going crazy this summer carting the kids everywhere that they need to go. I guess I just needed to vent. Today I just wish I had more time. MORE TIME. MORE TIME. Like right now, I actually have a few minutes to work with Sammy, but he is napping. I just can't seem to work it all in.

3 comments:

Karly said...

(((Hugs)) Even supermoms get stressed every once in awhile. I can't imagine how you do it, but you always seem to manage and do an awesome job. I have faith you will continue to do so! I am sure you are your hardest critic.

Tara said...

Oh my goodness I felt so exhausted just reading what you went through today!! Take a deep breath, you will do great. And when you can't take it anymore here we are your bloggin buds!! Let it out and start all over again. You are an amazing mom and doing a most excellent job. Hang in there!!!

Kiera said...

You are doing a wonderful job with everything! I can just picture the whole day and you do have your hands full! I am so impressed with all of the work you do everyday! We are here whenever you want to vent about how things are going and you have my cell number! Remember, you can always call in the midst of things and you can share the experience ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...