Friday, February 29, 2008

I've been TAPED!

For the past few weeks Sammy has been getting taped at each therapy session. It is AMAZING how well this works for him. It really breaks down the tone in his whole arm. On Monday we weren't able to make it to therapy and by Wednesday without tape we were pretty tight. But today after a few hours of tape we are nice and loose. I am starting to see permanent changes now with the taping. Slow and steady. Karen (our PT) and Steph (our OT) are actually surprised at how well the taping is working on him. They use kinesio tape on him, it comes in three colors blue, pink and skin toned. Today Sammy got one strip of pink......so far Daddy hasn't seen him yet. For weeks now I have been teasing about Sammy getting pink tape, Daniel keeps saying oh no don't do that, but today they couldn't find enough blue.....so we got one strip of pink! They like them to have bright colors on the hand so it increases his awareness of that hand/arm as well. We think kinesio tape is a MIRACLE!!!

2 comments:

momtoablessing said...

we have done taping with audrianna it worked well till she learned to take it off

Dawn said...

You have a beautiful family! I'll enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...